The Montessori Environment is a child centered educational approach that recognizes the child as naturally eager for knowledge and capable of initiating learning when provided with the supportive, thoughtfully prepared environment and sequential, hands-on learning materials. It is an approach that values the human spirit and the development of the child as a whole.
- Develops and refines the 5 senses and builds the foundation for speech, writing and math
- Children are able to recognize, correct and learn from mistakes
- Children encounter the developmental process and learn the love of activity, concentration, self-discipline and joy in accomplishment
- Teachers look to inspire not instruct
- Enhances the physical, intellectual, emotional, cognitive and social skills